Wednesday, July 7, 2010

If You Own It You Don't Need to Keep It

Let The Custom Closet help you get organized! Call 800-304 4848
www.thecustomcloset.net



Today's tip is simply what the above statement says, "Just because you own it, doesn't mean you have to keep it." Quite often my clients will show me an item and say, "I don't know what this is, or how I got it, or why I have it... but I HAVE it, so where should I keep it?" and I say back to them, "Well....just because you HAVE it, doesn't mean you have to KEEP it." We then discuss whether or not the item is useful to them, or if they love it, or if it's simply just taking up space. Quite often they don't realize that just because they own it, doesn't mean they have to keep it. With a change in perspective, they can give themselves the authority and power to get rid of the things in their lives that they don't want, need, or love. Sometimes it's as simple as that. Just giving yourself the authority to say, "I don't want this." Then, go ahead and purge it (donate, throw out, recycle, or give it away.)

So look around your home and office, and find the things that have no true value to you that are simply taking up space, and give yourselves the authority to get rid of them. You'll be left more open space for the really useful things you truly want and value in your life. Enjoy!

Until next time, wishing you an easier life by Organizing With EASE.

No comments:

Post a Comment