Organizing Tip: It's time to purge your pantry
This tip applies to everyone, whether you have a full-size pantry closet, or a cabinet or two in your kitchen. It's time to clear it out!
First of all....WHY, clear out your pantry? There are so many good reasons, a few of which are:
To get rid of all the expired, unused, unwanted food items that are just taking up valuable space.
To take inventory, and actually know what you have, so you can use it, and what you need, so you can purchase it.
To prevent pesky pantry pests by throwing out spoiled food and old, opened cereals and grains.
Make room for special items needed for the holidays.
So, here's what to do:
1) Set aside some time. This doesn't have to all be done at once, perhaps just 15m a day for the next week or so.
2) Tackle one small area at a time (such as a shelf, or portion of a shelf).
3) Pull out everything, and one by one, make a decision: Toss, Donate or Keep.
4) Toss: Throw out everything spoiled, stale, expired, or items that were opened-but-unused for a long period of time.
5) Donate: Set aside non-expired items that you know you simply will not use, but can be donated to a local food pantry (contact your local Food Pantry do arrange for donation drop-off).
6) Keep: For all items you decide to keep, put them back in your pantry grouping 'like-items' together.
7) Congratulate yourself for a job well-done!
Now, you've got a pantry filled with only items that are still good, and those you've decided you WILL USE. Break out the recipe books and start planning those great meals!
Organizing With EASE, LLC
201-638-9593 www.orgwithease.com firstname.lastname@example.org